Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13, 2010


Mom is visiting Dad today and plans to come to my house after she leaves the hospital. She calls in the late afternoon to say that Dad is being moved again. They have determined that he has a Staph infection called: MRSA. This is dangerous because of Dad's very weak condition. We all went into panic mode due to the infectious nature of the strain and immediately began web searching and contacting our individual doctors. Dad is now in an isolated room in ICU. When we visit we must put on a gown, gloves, mask and be very careful with gel use in and out. He is depressed and sad and it just feels like this will never end for him. My biggest fear is that the one antibiotic that can treat the staph will not be effective and that his condition will worsen. I pray and worry constantly about this latest news. I haven't seen him since Friday and guilt continues to plague me when I am not at the hospital with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend Lynette...I am so glad that you have started this blog for your dad. He is blessed to have such wonderful daughters. He seems like a fighter through all the trials and tribulations that he has been through. Would love to visit him with you sometime. Though god does not know me very well anymore....your dad is in my prayers. Hugs and kisses to you and your family-Lizz Rebello-Zucchi