Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009


Dad is off blood pressure medications this morning. He is still on the ventilator , but they are hoping to move him out of ICU some time today. After the surgery yesterday, while driving home, I became deathly ill! I wonder if all of the stress of the past couple of weeks suddenly caught up with me, since I am sure my immune system is way down. I sure hope that I am not sick long as I know I can't visit Dad while I am sick. It is just too risky for him. Janet flew in from Indiana to be with Dad. She is at the hospital with Tammy and Mom. Mom calls me at 1:49PM to say that Dad is off the respirator and talking.! He says he feels completely different without the hole in his lung. I can only imagine how wonderful it must feel for him to breathe normally again. The plan now is to move him to a regular room today or tomorrow. It's been a good day after surgery!

No comments: